Friday 25 May 2012

KPOP Hairstyles

From the pretty to the ugly, from the short to the long and from the cute to the not so cute. KPOP hairstyles are forever changing. Boy groups, girl groups and solo artists all have different hairstyles that set them apart. When I get into a group the first thing that helps me recognize the members is their hair. For example Jessica in SNSD. I first recognized Jessica in the music video for "Oh" because her blonde hair really made her stand out. After that it was easy for me to recognize her face in any music video.

I'll be splitting the parts of this blog post up into different categories based on what I THINK of the idol's hair. Remember this is my opinion and your opinion may differ.


The Pretty

IU


IU is good at choosing styles that really suit her. She manages to look cute yet mature in every hairstyle. IU has a soft, pretty face so she suits longer hairstyles. She also manages to keep her hair a natural color (most of the time :P) which is something I really like. As much as I like her past style of short red hair; I really love it how she keeps her hair a natural color, it's something that sets her apart from many other artists. Don't get me wrong, dyed hair is fine but I think it's really cool when stars like IU keep their hair natural. I think that Korean stars who dye their hair are trying to become something other than Korean, I can't quite pin point exactly what it is but I'm hoping that you understand. IU is embracing her natural "Koreanality". I love it!

Rating: 8/10



Hyuna



No one can deny that the former Wonder Girl from Miss A is sexy. She's one of those naturally gorgeous girls that every boy wants to be with and that every girl is jealous of.  One of the things that makes Hyuna so gorgeous is her hair. It's really pretty and long and it's almost hard to describe how I think it seems to be responsible for her sexiness. Hyuna's hair is also shows of her pretty side. I really love her short hairstyle, in fact I think it's one of the best hairstyles in KPOP these days. For some reason I seem to overlook Hyuna's pretty side but her hair helps me to remember how cutesy she can really be.

Rating: 7/10



The Weird

G-Dragon



I'm so sorry G-Dragon but "No". I think that this hairstyle is just too weird. He has a long flippy side fringe type thing makes him look like Rapunzel which is definitely not a good thing. 

Kekeke it's G-Punzel

G-Dragon's hair used to make him look really cute now he doesn't look quite right. I think he was trying to go for a "cool rebel" look but it just looks plain weird. Paired with the strange walk that he did at the start of the Bad Boy video G-Dragon's hair made him look funny.  Weird, weird, weird, that's all I can say. I have nothing else to say now because all this hairstyle is, is weird. No offense G-D.

Rating 4/10



Dara




Dara is always given the weird hairstyles like the sticking up pony tail in the picture above. I've always felt a little bit sorry for Dara because her hair is always strange. I would never be seen walking down the street in one of her wacky hairstyles yet the stylists continue to give Dara odd hairstyles. Her hairstyle in the scream video made her look like she was a bit crazy especially when she did that strange rocking dance with the bag. It's really good that Dara's hairstyles aren't permanent because her natural style is gorgeous. Her hair is a really nice color and it has a cute yet mature curly look. Dara's strange hairstyles usually make her look cute and innocent, they represent her personality really well.

Rating: 6/10


The Cute

Sulli


I was tempted to put this gorgeous photo of Sulli into the weird category but the cuteness levels of this picture made me think otherwise. The funny little horns at the top of her head made me smile and go; "Awwww". Sulli is so cute, I could compare this hairstyle to the weird ones that Dara wears but I think that they are a little different. Sulli manages to keep looking pretty by letting down part of her hair, she adds weird into the mix with the funny little horns. Put the pretty hair and the weird horns together and you get a cute hairstyle. Sulli seems to get the mix just right.

Rating:7/10


Lim



Ah Lim...... This wonderful girl is definitely one of my favorite "Cuties" in KPOP. What makes this hairstyle so cute? It's obviously the bow. I love the bow, in fact if I had Lim's number I'd call her straight away and ask her where she got it. Last year when I went to Japan my friend gave me a purple hair bow. I thought that purple hair bow was the cutest thing until I saw the one that Lim is wearing in this picture. Anyway, let's get back to the hair; Lim's hair shows her growing maturity (without the bow) but when she adds the bow I can see that she is still the little cutie from the Wonder Girls.

Rating: 7/10


The Dyed


Zelo



Um Zelo, I know your hot but "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" Pink hair? Okay so it's not all bad, the cut and shape really suits him but the color; I'm not so sure. As I'm writing this post the color seems to be growing on me a little. Don't get your hopes up though Zelo lovers, I still feel weird about it. Zelo's hair made me think about that stereotype; Boys don't wear pink. People would even go far enough to say "Boys who wear pink are Gay". I don't think that's fair, how can someone look Gay? Zelo certainly doesn't. I still don't like the pink but Zelo seems to pull it off. Almost. 

Rating: 5/10


Minzy


Minzy's hair is one of the better dyed styles in KPOP. 2NE1's maknae may have odd colored hair but that just makes her more lovable. Minzy's color and style fits in really well with 2NE1's dynamic, she has that very cool hip hop look that other stars would die for. Minzy's hair also shows off her cute side which is something I would expect from a maknae. I especially love her hair in the Scream video when she is waling down the corridor in the hat, it shows how versatile  her hair is. Minzy get's the mix of cute and cool just right with this color and cut. Well done Minzy.

Rating: 7/10


The Ones That Suit

T.O.P


Oddly enough I really like T.O.P's hair like this. Some people might not agree with me but the mint green color makes him look hotter. Big Bang's maknae Seungri doesn't agree with me saying that he doesn't approve of T.O.P's green color. The color is an almost blue mint green that I think many people would find hard to suit. T.O.P really suits this color and I'm always disappointed when I see his hair any other color. I think the cut is pretty cool too, it really makes the color stand out more and it helps him to suit different color.

Rating: 8/10

Sooyoung


SNSD's Sooyoung really suits short hair. Don't get me wrong she looks gorgeous with long hair but I really love her short hair. Her hair looks especially good in the Hoot music video, it shows off her sexy side and makes her look a little cute too. The color is nice too but the length is something to rave about, Sooyoung is known to have some of the longest legs in KPOP and her short style is nice in contrast. I also  really like the fringe, I think that Sooyoung looks heaps better with a fringe than without. Sooyoung, I wish I suited my hair as well as you do.

Rating: 9/10 


Who Wears it Better?

2NE1's Bom and SNSD's Tiffany

Red Hair





Tiffany or Bom: Bom
Why: Tiffany just doesn't look as good. I was really disappointed when Tiffany dyed her hair blonde and even more disappointed when she dyed it red. It's an easy decision; Bom wins by far.

Do you agree with me? Who do you think looks the best with red hair?


My Top Three

I decided to pick a top three out of the idols that I covered in this article. Do you agree with me? Which idol has the best hair?


Number 1 

Sooyoung



Number 2

IU



Number 3

T.O.P




Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it! Please comment on the article, it really helps. Be sure to read my next post. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment